Wednesday, March 6, 2013

{DIY} Spring Topiary

Hey guys! I recently shared with you my fireplace reveal and the {diy} easter egg topiary. I know, I know...Y'all are probably so tired of looking at my fireplace! BUT, I did promise to break everything down for you.

This last tutorial is so easy that I really don't even need to explain, I'm pretty sure I could show you pictures and you would be able to make it!

 
OK, so start with a styrofoam cone. I bought mine from Wal-Mart already covered with moss. How great is that?? However, if you choose to buy it without the moss already on it, just hot glue some moss on yourself. Simple as that. Next, get your flower pot. I bought mine from the dollar tree and painted it just like I did with the Easter egg topiary. Then, I took my styrofoam circles and doubled them up in my pot to create some height. I also got them from the dollar tree...I'm cheap, remember?



Ok, so then you want to make a thin layer of moss over the styrofoam circles. Not a whole lot...just enough to cover the styrofoam.



 
Then, take some toothepicks and insert into the bottom of your cone. This will secure your cone in place with the styrofoam circles. You can't have it falling over.



Last, fill in the space around the cone with your spanish moss. Make it as full as you want. I kind of wanted mine to overflow the pot, but you don't have to put as much if you don't want. 

                         That's it, youre done!





NOTE:  I completed the spanish moss wreath a long time ago. All I did was buy a styrofoam wreath from Hobby Lobby ( the same wreath can be found at the Dollar Store and Wal-Mart) and hot glue spanish moss on. Then, I finished it off with burlap ribbon. The frame was purchased at the Goodwill for $4.00 and spray painted black.

I hope y'all enjoyed! I'm going to get back to my dining room table...and my island...and my armoire...Lord, I have too many projects going on! :)

                              ~Smooches~
                                  Amber


Pssst....I'm sharing with:
Savvy Southern Style- Wow Us Wednesdays




No comments:

Post a Comment